Upload Changes Using an XML File
Upload Changes lets you add new patrons and helps you keep your records current as patrons move throughout or leave the district.
You can use a single XML file to add, update, delete or transfer any of the patrons in the district.
Note: To have the upload transfer patrons with resource or textbook checkouts, do the following:
To upload a single file:
- Log in to the district as a district-level user with the Manage Patrons for the District permission.
- Select Admin > Update Patrons > Upload Changes sub-tab.
- By default, Destiny retains patron records during an upload. To allow the upload to delete patrons who have current checkouts or fines, select Allow patrons to be deleted even if they have outstanding transactions.
Note: If you select this checkbox, any copies checked out to patrons that are deleted during the upload are marked Lost, and any other transactions (fines, holds, reserves) are deleted from the system.
- Click Browse (or Choose File, depending on your browser) to find and select your XML file.
- To begin the processing, click Update Patrons.
- When the confirmation message appears, click Yes.
- The Job Manager appears, and you can view a listing of all the updated patrons.