Resource Groups (Resource Manager)
Resource groups let you manage what resources a user can view, search, add, report and inventory. This gives users access to only the resource templates they need, saving them time.
An access level can have multiple resource groups. And each resource group can have specific permissions assigned.
For example, your district has a Textbooks and a 1:1 Devices resource group. The textbook administrator access level has all permissions for the Textbooks resource group and permissions to circulate 1:1 devices. The textbook administrator also needs to search for all resources.
- Only the Destiny Admin and a district user with the right to Manage Resources for the District can manage resource groups.
- District users with the right to Manage Resources for the District are in the All Resources resource group by default.
- District users with the right to Allow site access could have access to different resources at the site level than they do at the district level. When in a site, their access adheres to the site access level granted.
Create Resource Groups
Before you configure access levels, you should create the resource groups:
- Log in as the Destiny Administrator or a district user with the right to Manage Resources for the District.
- Do one of the following:
Set up resource groups as a Destiny Admin
- Select Setup > District Options.
- Next to Access Levels, click Edit.
- Next to an access level, click .
- On the Resources sub-tab, click Setup.
Set up resource groups as a district user with the Manage Resources for the District permission
- Select District, and go to Catalog > Add Resource > Edit Templates.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and select Template Groups.
|Note: The All Resources group is the default and provides access to the entire resource tree. It cannot be edited or deleted. |
- Click Add Group.
- In the Resource Group field, type a name for the resource group.
- In the resource tree, use the checkboxes to select the resources patrons can view. To select an entire group, click Select All; to deselect an entire group, click Clear All.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 3-6 for each resource group you want to create.
To edit access levels and enable permissions for these resource groups, see Assign access level permissions.